We feed this drive by our desires to be someone the world has never seen. We all want to be someone else's dream.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Michelle O Brunch, Women of Color, Women of Change
I usually don't post events on this particular blog, but this has touched me in a way that deserves recognition. Yesterday, I was given the opportunity to attend the Michelle O Brunch at LaScala restaurant on 6th and Chestnut. This was the first time in my life that I was completely surrounded by women of color who are destined to change the world through self earned success. Hosted by CBS's and CW's Natasha Brown, the event was truly inspiring and has changed my outlook on life as well as people. To sit in a circle and talk with women who have been through the same struggles as you, made me realize that we as a people, especially as colored women, need cohesion in order to prosper properly. Listening to their stories and struggles only empowered me more and gave me a completely different outlook on the meaning of help. I am truly blessed. I now know what does and doesn't matter because there are so many more positive things women of color have to offer than what is portrayed on television. Briefly educated on what it means to succeed, these women have truly touched my heart. Finding success through a career or love is all a part of growing as a human while finding happiness. It's all a process and all it takes is a day, a minute or maybe even a second, to say I will do it, it will happen, I have control. Thank you to all of those who were there and thank you for our future as women of color. Thank you again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good work girl!...I love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDeleteI LUV LUV this! I'm going to Tweet! :-) Sooo glad you were there! -Chi Chi
ReplyDeleteThanks again Chi Chi! Thank you for the invite.
ReplyDelete